The Department of Electrical Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela is organizing an Online FDP on Power Electronics & Renewable Energy Integration in Smart-Grid, Electric Vehicle from September 23 to 27, 2020.
This 5-day course is specially designed to give a complete coverage on fundamental ideas of power electronics converters and control designs in smart grid systems. The course will also cover the integration of distributed generation, load balancing, and energy storage form the model of a smart grid to ensure high-efficiency and high-performance operation.
NIT Rourkela is one of the premier national level institutions for technical education in the country and is funded by the Government of India.
- Introduction to Smart Grid, Electric Vehicle (EV).
- Importance of the emerging role of Smart Grids for EV integrated Power Systems.
- Grid Integration, Renewable energy sources, and storage.
- Intelligent generation control based on the forecasting of solar irradiance.
- Development of PV fed UPQC with advanced controller for Power Quality Improvement.
- Demand-side and supply-side management for improving the reliability and efficiency of Smartgrid.
- Grid integration challenges and prospective solutions.
- The role of Smart Grid in Integrating Renewable Energy.
- A comprehensive overview of Smart Grid Pilot Projects.
- Faculty Members from Engineering Institute: INR 600/-
- Engineers from Industry: INR 1000/-
- Scientists from R&D Organizations: INR 1200/-
- Research Scholars/ PG & UG Student: INR 500/-
The registration fee can be paid via online transfer to the following account details: Account No: 37537622247; Account Name: DIRECTOR NIT ROURKELA; IFSC No: SBIN0002109; Branch: State Bank of India, NIT Campus Rourkela.
To register for the FDP, click here.
The last date to register is September 20, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.