The Department of Mining Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Surathkal is organizing an Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Planning Of Surface Mining Projects from August 23 to 27, 2021.
NITK Surathkal is a premier Institute engaged in imparting quality technological education and providing support to research and development activities. NITK is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by an act of Parliament. NITK has carved a niche for itself among the best technical institutes in India. NITK offers 9 UG, 26 PG programs, and Ph.D. programs.
- Understand various aspects of the planning of surface mining projects.
- Familiar with geotechnical investigations & feasibility report preparation.
- Understanding drilling, blasting, loading, transportation, slope stability & EIA.
- Identify latest technical challenges; know research updates, and prospective breakthroughs in the field of planning of surface mining projects.
Benefits to Participants include acquiring knowledge in the under-mentioned areas of planning of surface mining projects:
- Exploration & Geotechnical Investigations for reserve estimation.
- Feasibility Report Preparation
- Unit mining operations (Drilling, Blasting, loading & Transportation)
- Slope Stability & Stabilising Techniques
- Environmental Impact Assessment of surface mine projects
- Case Studies of various deposit
Who can Apply?
The program is open to Faculties, Research Scholars, Field Engineers and PG students of Engineering Colleges in the Department of Mining Engineering and related Engineering and Science disciplines.
Resource persons are experts from IIT’s, NIT’s, Regulatory Bodies & Industry.
How to Apply?
To download the registration form, click here.
There is no registration fee for the program. The E-certificate will be provided through registered email. The Filled-in registration form in PDF should reach firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31 July, 2021. The selected participants will be informed via an email before 6 August, 2021.
You might also be interested in: