Applications are invited for Online FDP on Universal Human Values for Deeksharambh by NIT Patna on 16-22 August 2021. The last date of registration is 12 Aug.
About the FDP
A mandatory induction program for students was designed by Prof. Rajeev Sangal, former Director, IIT (BHU) and his team to be offered right at the commencement of the first year and classes will begin after this induction program (Now known as DEEKSHARAMBH). The same program has been adopted as Deeksharambh by UGC and AICTE. Deckshrambh — a guide to Student Induction Programme was prepared to provide/enhance the mentoring capabilities of the faculty member of universities and institutions so that they are able to conduct Student Induction Program.
It has been observed that universities and other higher education institutions have started implementing the student induction program. They have done very good job in organizing various activities listed in the Student Induction Program. But, at the same time these universities and HEI’s have failed to deliver the Universal Human Values component of the student induction program.
The universal human value (UHV) is the core components of the student induction program and the objectives of the program cannot be achieved without the deliverance of UHV.
- What is DEEKSHARAMBH (SIP)? Current education – Student motivations, achievements
- Holistic education, Introduction to Universal Human Values
- Process of Education, Assumptions and conditioning, Current state of Nature
- Conduct in 4 orders, Need for definite human conduct
- Role of money or physical facilities, Role of Relationships, Role of Understanding
- Activities of the self (4.5)
- Human desires, needs of self and body, classification of desires, Mixing up of needs, non-fulfilment of desires
- Universal Human Values, Topics Student mentoring (special session-I)
- Values or Mulya in relationship – Respect, Trust
- GRATITUDE, Definitions of others remaining Values
- Definiteness of human conduct, Human goal – happiness and prosperity, Relationships – a human need
- Universal Human Values, Topics Student mentoring (special session-II)
- Understanding Harmony in Nature and Existence, Summary, Self-evaluation (Sva-Mulyankan) and sharing & future role (by participants).
- The scan copies of completely filled registration form must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or participants can also register online on or before 12 August 2021 for the final registration.
- There is no registration fee from any participants.
- All the faculty members from Higher educational institutions are eligible for the FDP.
- Number of participants is limited to 2000.
- Participants will be selected on first-come first-served basis.
- Selected candidates will be intimated by e-mail confirmations of participation is to be made by email only.
- Receipt of applications (Online): 12 August 2021
- Information to the selected candidates: 13 August 2021
- FDP duration: 16-22 August 2021
Dr. Yogesh Kumar
Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Patna
Ashok Rajpath, Patna, Bihar – 800 005, INDIA
Email: uhv.fdp[at]nitp.ac.in, yogesh.me[at]nitp.ac.in
Contact Number: +91-94104-78242
Click here to view the official notification of Online FDP on Universal Human Values for Deeksharambh by NIT Patna.
You may also be interested in:
- Guest Faculty members (Mechanical Engg.) at NIT Kurukshetra [10 Vacancies]: Apply by July 21
- Online Summer School on Machine Learning by IIT Tirupati [July 20-30]: Register by July 15