The Online FDP on Thin-Films in Manufacturing (TFM – 2021) is organized by Madanapalle Institute of Technology & Science (MITS), AP from Oct 4-8, 2021.
About the Organiser
Madanapalle Institute of Technology & Science, also known as MITS, is an Indian engineering college. It was established in 1998 in Madanapalle, India. MITS is an affiliate of JNTUA and is approved by AICTE, New Delhi. MITS is a destination for engineering, management, and computer application studies in India.
About the FDP
The present faculty development program is focused on exploring the developments in the field of thin-films as far as manufacturing is considered. Also, various coating deposition techniques, material characterization methods, and software tools for investigating thin-film behaviour and application will be discussed.
Objectives of the course
- To understand various coating technologies employed in development of thin-films
- To understand coating development process
- To understand the material characterization techniques employed for testing of coatings
- To understand the generation growth in thin-films
- To understand the software tools implemented to investigate thin-film behaviour and application
- To understand the tribology of thin-films
- To learn the effect of coatings on tool life, chip formation and wear mechanism during machining operation
Topics to be covered
- Coating technologies (Physical vapour deposition and Chemical vapour deposition)
- Development of coatings and their characterization
- Tribology of thin-films
- Application of thin-films during machining and other manufacturing processes
- Advancement in coatings and recent trends
- Software tools for investigating thin-film behaviour and application
- The FDP program will be immensely beneficial for those who are willing to do research in the field of thin-film development and application in manufacturing.
- The already working PhD scholars, faculties and others interested in the field of coatings would also be benefited as they will be able to explore new research areas and would be able to know the work that is being presently carried out on a global platform.
- The FDP would also provide a platform for those interested to connect with internationally renowned researchers and scientists.
The speakers will be from eminent research and academic organisations in abroad and India. These people with their expertise would immensely enlighten the attendees with their knowledge of thin-films in manufacturing field.
- Certificates will be issued only to the participants having a minimum of 80% attendance in the FDP
- Feedback link of the FDP will be given at the end of the program. All the participants must submit the online feedback to avail the participation certificate
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the FDP through this link.
- Dr. Ch Sateesh Kumar
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering,
- Madanapalle Institute of Technology & Science (MITS)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: +918770914970, +919040022443, +919666830844