Registrations are invited for Online FDP on Smart Grid Markets by NIT Warangal on 27-31 July 2021. The last date of registration is 26 July.
Globally, there is a ramping demand for modernization of power system in multiple aspects including Smart Electric Grid (SEG) technology, integration of large Renewable Energy Sources (RES) in effort to reduce carbon emissions and encourage more sustainable life style.
In view of this, there is an increasing investment from Indian government and R&D industries towards the development of: smart distribution grids and smart cities. However, this transition from conventional central power grid to distributed renewable energy in electric energy supply has disrupted the top down energy sector across various countries.
SEG technology enables the integration of multiple distributed energy resources such as PV, wind, fuel cells, micro-turbines, energy storage systems, conventional diesel generators and advanced communication systems. Because of distributed renewable integration uncertainties are getting introduced in the power system. Smart grids with power market development are being visualized as a solution to handle such uncertainties.
- Basic principles of Restructured Power System
- Smart grid concept, design and characteristics
- Smart grid market design – Trading, risk management
- Modernization in Power Distribution Systems
- Electricity market policies – India and abroad
- Introduction to Transactive Energy Market
- New technologies and research – EMS, IoT, EVs, Big Data, Evolutionary Optimization Techniques
- Use Cases : Across the globe
Who can participate?
The programme is open to faculty, industry professionals, research scholars, as well as engineers and scientists working in the
Electrical and Electronics Engineering domain.
Highlights & Benefits
- This short term course will be conducted three hours a day with no overlap to the regular office hours.
- The sessions will begin in the evening time, possibly after 3 pm.
- Participants will get an e-certificate upon successful completion of the course.
- Course material, session recordings will be shared with participants with the consent of the speaker.
- Interested candidates can register via this page.
- Registration fee: Faculty, Post doctoral fellows , Research Scholars, PG students, UG students- Rs. 500 & Industry- Rs. 1000.
- Last date: 26th July 2021, 11:59 PM
Dr. Debasmita Panda, Assistant Professor,
You may also be interested in: