An online Faculty Development Programme on Recent Research Advances in Materials (Theme: Water and Waste Water Treatment) is organized by Bharat Institute of Engineering and Technology in collaboration with Indian Ceramic Society from 2nd to 7th Aug, 2021 (Mon – Sat. 3 pm – 4:30 pm).
About the Organizer
Bharat Institute of Engineering & Technology (BIET), established in 2001 by Chinta Reddy Madhusudhan Reddy Educational Society (CHMR) under the leadership of Sri Ch. Venugopal Reddy, an eminent educationist with a social conscience and commitment.
About the FDP
There is a potential to revolutionize century-old conventional water treatment processes with new materials/techniques. The FDP aims to highlight the recent research efforts on this topic. Several natural and engineered nanomaterials that have strong antimicrobial properties will be discussed.
The harmful effect of microplastics and possible mitigation techniques, and the use of nanotechnology for water treatment will also be covered.
The lectures are delivered by eminent researchers on this topic.
- Membrane Photocatalysis for Water and Waste Water Treatment: Dr. Ambika, Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, India
- Nanocatalysts and Composites in Water Treatment: Dr. João Restivo, Researcher, Laboratory of Separation and Reaction Engineering and Laboratory of Catalysis (LSRE-LCM), University of Porto, Portugal
- Effect of Microplastics in Water and Aquatic Systems: Balasubramanian Kandasubramanian,Professor, Head and Dean, Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune, India
- Sustainable Techniques on Microbial Treatment of Potable Water: Dr. K. Murugan,Scientist- E, International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials, Hyderabad, India
- Nanotechnology for Water Treatment: Dr. Dibakar Das,Professor and Dean,University of Hyderabad, India
- Innovation Pedagogy for Applied Science: Mr. Senthil Kumar,Scientist-E, International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials, Hyderabad, India
How to Register?
- Interested participants can register for the FDP through this link.
- Registrations: Free
- Participants with a minimum of 80% attendance will get an e-certificate from BIET and Indian Ceramic Society, Hyderabad Chapter.