Registrations are invited for Online FDP On Air Pollution and Climate Change by SVNIT Surat on 20-24 September 2021. The last date of registration is 10 September.
About the FDP
It is an alarming situation to take concern for air pollution as it also severely affects the environment and climate change. Many air pollutants contribute to climate change like some pollutants warming and cooling the Earth surface. Short-lived climate-forcing pollutants (SLCPs) include methane, black carbon, groundlevel ozone, and sulfate aerosols.
As per WHO; Air pollution is a “silent public health emergency”. Thus contributing to limiting global warming, strong reductions in methane, black carbon, and ground-level ozone have key benefits for sustainable development. Improved air quality can protect public health.
By acting on climate and air pollution together we have the opportunity to take advantage of synergies between climate change goals and the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Thus, the main aim of the training program is to provide knowledge to the participants about the trends in air pollution and climate change.
- Air Pollution Perspective
- Sources and Effects of Air Pollution
- Meteorology and Fate of pollutants in the Atmosphere
- Measurement and Prediction of Air Pollution Concentration
- Applicability of Remote sensing in Pollution Measurement.
- Aerosol and Black Carbon Chemistry
- Impact of Air Quality on Climate Change
- Fundamental of weather climate meteorology and climate variability
- Global Environmental Challenges and Climate Change and associated Health Impacts
- Mitigation aspect of Climate Change
- To understand the sources, standards and legislation with local and global environmental issues of air pollution
- To analyze the fate of pollutants with meteorology and correlate the effects of air quality on climate change
- To develop mitigation programme with reference to climate change and health impacts
Faculty members / Research Scholars / PG students from academic / Research institutes approved by the AICTE / UGC / any Govt bodies, Industrial persons working in Govt / Private sectors and staff of SVNIT, Surat can register for the course.
- All Participants have to do Online registration.
- No Registration fees for the FDP
- The deadline for the registration is 10/09/2021
- Date of FDP 20/09/2021to 24/09/2021
Dr. Namrata D. Jariwala, Assistant Professor
Mob No.: +91-94274-92963
Email ID: ndj[at]ced.svnit.ac.in
Click here to view the official notification Online FDP On Air Pollution and Climate Change by SVNIT Surat.
You may also be interested in: