The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Patna is organizing an AICTE Sponsored Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Neuronal Dynamics and Neuromorphic Computing from October 19 to 23, 2020.
IIT Patna is an institute of National importance by an Act of the Indian Parliament in 2008. It is ranked 108 among BRICS nations by the QS World University Rankings of 2018. It is ranked 22 among engineering colleges in India by the NIRF 2019.
This course aims to provide theoretical and computational aspects of neuroscience and how the same can be extended for modern digital computing which can be highly energy efficient. The concept of single Silicon neuron and its theoretical modeling for the development of basic computation building blocks. Transferring aspects of structure and function from biological substrates to electronic circuits.
- Neuronal Dynamics: Overview of neuroscience, neurons, and synapses. First-order resistive-capacitive (RC) models for passive membrane and neuron. Integrate-and fire and Leakey-integrate fire (LIF) models, Realizing LIF behavior through Silicon neuron.
- Neuromorphic Computing: Concepts and overview of brain-inspired computing, supervised, and unsupervised learning.
- Artificial neural network (ANN), third-generation spiking neural network (SNN).
- Hardware implementation and realization of ANN and SNN.
- Application of neuromorphic computing for recognition and decision making for machine learning (ML).
Who can Attend?
The course is intended for future researchers (UG/ PG students) and faculty members with having a general introductory background of VLSI, Digital Electronics, Microelectronics, Semiconductor Devices, and circuits.
To download the registration form, click here. The filled-in registration form is to be emailed to email@example.com.
Dr. Jawar Singh
Department of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Patna
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.