The Central Library along with the Teaching Learning Center, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal is organizing an Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Modern Digital Library Science & Technologies for Teaching, Learning & Research from January 4 to 8, 2021.
National Institute of Technology Warangal, formerly known as Regional Engineering College was established in 1959. Over the years it has developed into a premier institute of higher learning and is ranked among the top technical education institutions in India.
The objectives of this online faculty development program are to create awareness and enable the faculty, students, and research scholars to efficiently use the latest information and communication technologies for accessing, organizing, and sharing information; and the institute to achieve improved student outcomes and quality research.
This online FDP is expected to create awareness and understanding among the participants about the IT tools & software and enable them to start using it for improving their studies and research. In general, it helps the participants as follows:
- Improve the performance of students leading to better student outcomes.
- Create a qualitative academic environment for teaching and learning.
- Provide guidance and training students for master’s and doctoral degrees.
- Improve the quality of teaching and research at various levels.
- Enhance the research quality and output by faculty and Students.
- Effective use of ICT in teaching and learning, Whiteboards, Chalkboards,
- Open Educational Resources – Open Distance Learning, e-Learning, MOOCs
- Academic Library as a learning space outside the classroom, and Lifelong learning
- Collaboration tools – Zoom, Google meet, Skype, MS Teams
- e-Resources, e-Books, and e-Journals, Remote access, VPN
- Unique author IDs – ORCID, Researcher ID, Scopus ID,
- Information Retrieval-Database searching, Search techniques, Search engines
- Information Literacy, Wikipedia, Grammarly, Survey Monkey, Google docs,
- Scholarly Communication System – Digital Scholarship, Online Publishing.
Who can Attend?
Faculty members and Library Professionals who are in the institutions of higher learning. Research Scholars who have an aptitude for teaching and desire to take up the teaching profession as their career.
Eminent Faculty from IITs, NITs, NITTTRs, Central Universities, Teaching Learning Centers, and Senior Faculty from NIT Warangal.
- Faculty Members: Rs. 600/-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 300/-
- The registration fee for the Faculty and Students of SC/ ST category is half of the amounts mentioned above as applicable.
The registration fee may be remitted Online through NEFT to the Bank account: Account Number: 62266262236 (Savings Account); Account Name: Center for Continuing Education NITW; Bank Name: State Bank of India (SBI); Branch: NIT Warangal Campus; IFSC Code: SBIN0020149.
To register online for the course, click here. The last date to register is December 31, 2020.
Prof. A. Ramachandraiah
Professor-in-Charge and Coordinator,
Teaching Learning Centre (TLC),
National Institute of Technology, Warangal
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Phone: 8332969704; 0870-2462686
For full notification, click the link below.