The Department of Computer Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal invites applications for an Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Machine Learning with Python from April 15 to 19, 2021.
This FDP on Machine Learning with Python aimed at imparting knowledge and training on the fundamentals of machine learning with different aspects and applications. The main objective is to make participants familiar with the emerging field of machine learning.
National Institute of Technology Warangal, formerly known as Regional Engineering College was established in 1959. Over the years it has developed into a premier institute of higher learning and is ranked among the top technical education institutions in India.
- The program will positively impact the perceived ability to understand recent advances in machine learning.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate knowledge of machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems.
- Introduction: What is Machine Learning, Real-life examples and Applications, Machine Learning vs. Data Science vs. AI, Machine Learning types, Generics of machine learning approaches.
- Regression: Univariate linear regression, multivariate linear regression, Polynomial Regression.
- Classification: Logistic regression, SVM, Multi-class SVM, Decision trees.
- Ensemble Approaches Bagging, Random Forests, Boosting: Adaboost, Gradient boosting.
- Optimization: Gradient descent, Stochastic gradient descent, batch gradient descent.
- Clustering Different clustering approaches and applications.
- Feature Engineering Feature Scaling, Feature Selection, and Dimensionality Reduction.
Who can Attend?
Faculty members in all disciplines of Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics, Life sciences, Management, Post Doctoral Fellows, Research Scholars, PG students, UG students who have an aptitude to work in the areas of data sciences and machine learning.
Eminent faculty from IITs, Central Universities, Industry, and Senior Faculty from different departments of NIT Warangal, will deliver lectures and conduct hands-on sessions.
- Faculty, Post-doctoral fellows, Research Scholars, PG students, UG students: Rs. 500/-
- Industry Participants: Rs. 1000/-
Registration Fee for Faculty and Students of SC/ ST category is half of the amounts mentioned above as applicable. The registration fee may be remitted Online through NEFT to the Bank account: Account Number: 6240368021 (Savings Account); Account Name: Center for Continuing Education NITW; Bank Name: State Bank of India (SBI); Branch: NIT Warangal; IFSC Code: SBIN0020149.
To register online for the course, click here. The last date to register is April 10, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.