The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Kurukshetra, is organizing an ATAL Sponsored Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Machine Intelligence for Information Retrieval from November 4 to 8, 2020.
National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, one of the 31 NITs in the country, is a premier center of learning and research in various disciplines of Engineering and Management. It trains and develops high caliber professionals to serve not only the country but also the world at large. Established in 1963 as an REC, the college was elevated to a National Institute with Deemed University status in June 2002. The Institute has made rapid strides in expanding and upgrading facilities, enhancing the quality of education and strengthening the linkage with industry.
The FDP aims at combining research from the fields of Machine Intelligence (MI) and information retrieval (IR), placing an emphasis on Human involvement in search activities. In the pursuance of vision of AICTE ATAL academy, this FDP could offers multiple milestones through delivering theoretical knowledge & system design of Indian and Global perspective.
- To revisit the paradigms of Data & Information retrieval.
- To explore different aspects on developing User Centric Information Retrieval, and Applications of MI techniques to information retrieval needs in specific domains.
- To understand, the modelling of Exploitation-Exploration tradeoffs, Relevance aspects, (Pre-search to In-search), and Machine Learning Techniques.
- To experience the NLP, Classification, Clustering, etc for IR.
- To discuss the Contemporary Challenges & Issues: Interactive IR, Modelling Contextual Factors, Social Intelligence, etc.
- Understanding MI & IR
- Paradigm of IR
- User study relevant to IR
- Modelling and Delivery of MI for User Centric IR
- Design and Development of Modern IR Ecosystem
- Pedagogical framework for MI & IR
- Context-aware Search
- Best Practices in Implementing ML for IR
Participants presented interfaces (including mockups, prototypes, and other early-stage designs), research results from user studies of interfaces, and system demonstrations related to the intersection of Machine Intelligence (MI) & Information Retrieval (IR).
The intent of the event was not primarily archival publication, but rather to provide a forum to build community and to stimulate discussion, new insight, and experimentation on search interface design.
Who can Attend?
Faculty Members, Industry Training Professionals, Research Scholar, etc.
There is no registration fee. The e-certificate will be provided after successful completion of the FDP.
To register for the FDP, click here. The last date to register is November 2, 2020.
Dr. Vikram Singh
Comp. Engg. Dept., NIT Kurukshetra, India
Phone Number: 8816086589
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.