The Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Goa is organizing an AICTE Sponsored Virtual Faculty Development Program (FDP) on the Internet of Things (IoT): Architecture & System-Level Design from November 14 to 18, 2020.
IIT Goa was established in 2016 as one of the 3rd generation IITs. It strives to become a unique institution of higher learning, offering state of the art education, research, and training in science and technology to have an impact on society, environment, and global challenges.
The FDP on IoT is organized to fulfill the following three critical objectives:
- Theory of architecture and system-level design of IoT
- Hands-on experience in using IoT boards and simulation platforms for deploying real-world applications (to be conducted virtually).
- Model curriculum for IoT with relevance to Indian higher education institutions.
For Theory Sessions
- Embedded processors and operating systems for IoT.
- IoT Sensors, IoT System Architecture, Bounds on Computational Complexity in IoT Systems.
- Cloud-Based IoT, IoT Communication Protocols (HTTP, UPnP, CoAP, MQTT, XMPP).
- Communication Interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C, JTAG, Ethernet), Concepts of Connected Home, and Connected Campus.
- IoT Security and Penetration Testing.
- IoTIFY for IoT Simulation.
For Practical Sessions
- Basic Python, C/ C++ Programming.
- Introduction to Raspberry Pi, Arm Mbed Platform.
- Interfacing with sensors, actuators, and control.
- Connecting to a cloud IoT platform and creating an end to end application (edge to the cloud).
- IoTIFY/ SimPy based IoT simulation.
Faculty Members in CSE, IT, EE, ECE, and related areas from AICTE Accredited Institutions are invited to apply. Faculty members from mechanical engineering, civil engineering, etc. are also encouraged to apply if they have basic knowledge of programming in any programming language.
There is no registration fee for participants. Top 10 scorers in the examination may also receive Book Prizes (TBC). To register online for the FDP, click here.
Phone Number: 0832-2490-123
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online FDP on Advanced Control & Wireless Sensors by NIT Meghalaya [Nov 9-13]: Register by Oct 5.