The Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad is organizing a three-day ATAL Sponsored Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on the Internet of Things from December 7 to 11, 2020.
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (IIIT-Allahabad) is a public university located in Allahabad (Jhalwa, Allahabad), in Uttar Pradesh state in northern India. It is one of the nineteen Indian Institutes of Information Technology listed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
With an aim to develop a workforce in IoT, this course introduces to students, researchers, and academicians the basic concepts of IoT through a practical view with emphasis on design, requirement, data interfacing, and capabilities. The course would cover IoT fundamentals, blended with industrial case studies, design, and development of IoT systems, cloud computing, and data analysis. Lab sessions will supplement the lectures.
- To introduce students, faculties, and researchers to a quick broad overview of key concepts in IoT technology before focusing on a specific research area.
- To build up to more advanced topics for the follow-up courses.
- To introduce the concept of Internet-of-Things technology through a practical and hands-on approach
- Train manpower in the field of IoT in order to fulfill the growing necessity
- To discuss the current status of the IoT through case studies and probable research problems in this field.
- Design and Architecture of IoT systems.
- Edge/ Fog computing
- IoT Design, Methodology: A Hands-on Approach
- Familiarization with raspberry Pi and Programming on Raspberry Pi using Python
- Resource-Constrained IoT Offloading via Fog Computing
- MAC Protocols for IoT
- IoT Design methodology: A Hands-on Approach
- Interfacing sensors to Raspberry Pi
- Smart City
You might also be interested in Online Workshop on Crafting Research by IIIT Allahabad [Dec 17-19]: Register by Dec 15.
- Prof. T.V. Prabhakar, IISc Bangalore
- Prof. I. Sengupta, IIT Kharagpur
- Prof. G.C. Nandi, IIIT Allahabad
- Prof. O.P. Vyas, IIIT Allahabad
- Prof. Shekhar Verma, IIIT Allahabad
- Dr. Nitin Auluck, IIT Ropar
- Dr. Sharad Sinha, IIT Goa
- Dr. John Jose, IIT Guwahati
- Dr. Ajay Kattepur, Ericsson Labs, Bangalore
- Dr. Jagpreet Singh, IIIT Allahabad
- Dr. Bibhas Ghoshal, IIIT Allahabad
Who can Attend?
Academicians, Students, and Researchers with basic knowledge of Programming, Data Structure, Digital Logic, Computer Architecture, OS, and Networking can participate in the event.
Registration will be done on a First-Come-First-Serve-Basis. Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
Dr. Bibhas Ghoshal
Department of Information Technology
Systems Lab (Room No. 5321)(CC-3)
IIIT-Allahabad, Jhalwa, Prayagraj, Uttar
Pradesh – 211015. INDIA
Ph: 0532- 2922419
For full notification, click the link below.