Ramanujan College and Ram Lal Anand College, Delhi University is organizing an Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Introduction to Machine Learning in Research (Concepts & Practical Use) from October 10 to 18, 2020.
Ramanujan College, University of Delhi, is located in the well-known area of Kalkaji, near Nehru Place in South Delhi. Ramanujan College has highly qualified, dedicated, and committed faculty members. The college runs fifteen courses in different subjects in Humanities, Commerce and Science streams. It is also the study center for the students of the School of Open Learning, University of Delhi, the Non- Collegiate Women’s Education Board, University of Delhi, and the Indira Gandhi National Open University. Ramanujan College has also been selected by the MHRD as a National Resource Centre.
- Understanding of the underlying concepts of Machine Learning.
- To appreciate the use of Machine Learning in different domains in research/ real life.
- Learning basic practical skills to apply simple machine learning tools.
- Learn good practices in Machine Learning to make application of Machine Learning really beneficial in each domain.
- Introduction to Linear Algebra, Machine Learning, and its use in research, Overview of Machine Learning, Utility, classification of ML systems, an example of applications.
- Supervised vs. Unsupervised Learning, Linear Regression with one variable (and any associated topic).
- Gradient Descent
- Good Practices in Machine Learning (Special Session).
- Linear Regression with multiple variables
- Logistic Regression
- Introduction to Jupyter Notebook and Google Colab.
- Introduction to Python, NumPy, and Pandas.
- Data visualization, Data pre-processing (handling missing data, data cleaning, transformation), Implementation of Gradient Descent.
- Few examples of Linear Regression using Python.
- Few examples of Logistic Regression using Python.
Who can Attend?
The FDP is open to Faculty members (regular/ ad-hoc/ temporary) and Research Scholars from any Indian university/ college.
The registration fee is INR 500/- per person. To pay the registration fee, click here. Payment can be done through Debit card/ Credit card/ Online net banking. After successful registration & payment, the participants will receive a final confirmation and invitation letter on or before October 9, 2020.
- To register for the FDP, click here.
- The last date to register is October 9, 2020.
- The FDP begins on October 10, 2020.
- The Details of the program will be sent to the participants’ later on their telegram link or on their email-id mentioned in the registration form.
- Certificate criteria are to attempt and submit 90% of all online quizzes and one assignment as per the date mentioned for each quiz and assignment.
- The feedback form will be shared on daily basis and all participants have to send online feedback for each session.
- As the FDP is being organized under the prestigious PMMMNMTT scheme of MHRD, Ram Lal Anand College with TLC, Ramanujan College gives prime importance to willing and serious participants who are eager to learn.
- Therefore, it is compulsory for participants to attend all the online sessions in order to receive a certificate of participation.
Phone Number: 011-24112557
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.