The Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Raipur is organizing an AICTE Sponsored Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on “Green Technology and Sustainability Engineering” from December 8 to 12, 2020.
National Institute of Technology, Raipur is situated in the capital of Chhattisgarh. The Institute was founded by the first President of India Hon’ble Dr. Rajendra Prasad on 14th September 1956. Based on the student’s intake in B.Tech. Course, it is the largest NIT in India. Presently, the institute offers 12 undergraduate and 6 postgraduate courses including MCA and M. Tech. in Applied Geology. The institute also offers Ph. D programs, R & D activities, testing consultancy, and other extension services.
The objective of this course is to undertake collaborative educational activities:
- To develop a basic understanding of the Energy Scenario.
- To identify renewable energy sources and their utilization.
- To understand the basic concepts of solar energy and analyze the working of solar PV and thermal systems.
- To understand the physics of building and techniques to improve thermal comfort.
The short-term training program aims to include the following topics:
- Energy scenario.
- Use of natural resources for energy efficiency.
- Sustainable clean and green energy technology innovations.
- Practical application of solar energy: solar desalination, solar PV, etc.
- Carbon emission & carbon Credits from a global perspective.
- Elements of Green Building.
- Energy-efficient materials & its applications
- Passive cooling of a building.
Who can Attend?
The faculty members of the AICTE approved institutions, Research scholars, PG Scholars, and Participants from Government and Industry are invited to apply.
Resource Persons for FDP are from IITs, NITs, Foreign Universities, Industries, and other reputed organizations.
There is no registration fee for participants. To register for the FDP, click here.
The seats are limited to 200 candidates. The preference will be on a first-come-first-serve basis. The intimation regarding selection will be sent to the candidates by email as per the schedule. A test shall be conducted by coordinators at the end of the program. The certificate shall be issued to those participants who have attended the program with 80% attendance and scored a minimum of 60% marks in the test.
Dr. Nisha Netam
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
NIT Raipur, 492010, Chhattisgarh, India.
Mob: +91 9479018172
For full notification, click the link below.