The Mechanical Engineering Department, Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat, Gujarat is organizing an Online Faculty Development Program on Green & Sustainability in Textile Industry from September 21 to 25, 2020.
The Institute was initially established as Sardar Vallabhbhai Regional College of Engineering & Technology in 1961 and was upgraded as a National Institute of Technology with the status of “Deemed to be an Institute” in 2002 and became Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT).
- Overview of Textile Industries.
- Introduction of fiber and its advances (Manmade and natural fiber).
- Manufacturing of Yarn and advanced methods in yarn manufacturing: (Types of spinning, and advances in yarn manufacturing for energy reduction).
- Yarn preparatory, weaving, and advancement in this technology.
- Processing of fabric and overview of the latest technology in fabric manufacturing.
- Cotton processing polyester & blends.
- Machining used in process houses & energy recovery.
- Energy overview in textile processing.
- Electrical energy management.
- Thermal energy management in various devices such as Centers and other processes and energy-saving opportunities.
- Green Technology by process modification.
- Energy audit case studies in the textile industry.
- Pinch analysis in Textile Industry.
- A virtual visit to Testing laboratory/ Textile dyeing and printing processes.
Who can Attend?
The faculty members of the AICTE approved institutions, research scholars, PG scholars, participants from Government, Industry (Bureaucrats/ Technicians/ Participants from Industry, etc.), and staff of host institutions are eligible to attend the program.
- There is no registration fee to attend this program.
- Participants willing to participate in this online FDP should have the provision of laptop/ desktop with good quality internet connections and other audiovisual facilities, as required for online training.
- To register online for the FDP, click here.
- An Online test will be conducted on the last day, and those who score more than 60% marks will be termed as successful candidates.
- Those who have attended 80 % or more and score more than 60% in the test will be issued a digital certificate by the ATAL Academy.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.