The Department of Electrical Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal invites applications for an Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Effective Teaching & Learning of Modern Electric Drives from March 15 to 20, 2021.
National Institute of Technology Warangal, formerly known as Regional Engineering College was established in 1959. Over the years it has developed into a premier institute of higher learning and is ranked among the top technical education institutions in India.
- To enable the participants to understand the operation, application, and control of power conversion systems employing electric drive to cater to industrial needs.
- To familiarize the operation principles and design of starting, braking, and speed control arrangements for electric motors and their applications.
- To provide a strong foundation to assess the performance of different industrial drives considering issues such as energy efficiency, power quality, economic justification, environmental issues, and practical viabilities.
- Role of power electronics in modern society.
- DC-dc converters, inverters, multilevel inverters
- Vector control of PMSM, SRM, and BLDC drives
- Role of power electronics in renewable energy-based power generation.
- Applications of Microcontrollers, DSP, FPGA, dSPACE for real-time implementation of power electronic systems and drives.
- Application of power electronics in AC & DC Drives.
- Electric vehicle, challenges, and future scope.
Who can Attend?
The program is open to all NBA and AICTE approved Engineering/ Polytechnic college teachers, Degree college lecturers, research scholars, and P.G. students. The number of participants is approximately 100 and selection will be based on a priority basis.
Eminent Faculty from IITs, NITs, Central Universities, Teaching Learning Centres, and Senior Faculty from NIT Warangal.
- Faculty Members: Rs. 750/-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 500/-
Registration Fee for Faculty and Students of SC/ ST category is half of the amounts mentioned above as applicable. The registration fee may be remitted Online through NEFT to the Bank account: Account Number: 62266262236 (Savings Account); Account Name: Director, Research Account, NITW; Bank Name: State Bank of India (SBI); Branch: NIT Warangal; IFSC Code: SBIN0020149.
To register online for the course, click here. The last date to register is March 13, 2021.
Dr. Srinivasan Pradabane,
#566, Department of Electrical Engineering,
National Institute of Technology, Warangal
Telangana State -506 004. INDIA.
For full notification, click the link below.