The Electronics and Information Technology Academy, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Patna is organizing an Online Faculty Development Program on Demystifying 5G RF ASICs from August 24 to September 4, 2020.
National Institute of Technology Patna is the 18th National Institute of Technology created by the Ministry of H.R.D. Government of India after rechristening the erstwhile Bihar College of Engineering Patna on 28/01/2004. The Institute imparts high-level education training, research, and development in science, engineering technology, and humanities along with high-quality education and values at UG, PG and Ph.D. level.
- Introduction and Tools Overview
- Introduction to 5G (progression of communication channels from 1G to 5G, usage, timeline, market);
- Basics of RF Communication; Setup of Scikit-RF and CppSim RF Simulator.
- 5G MIMO Architecture and System Simulation: MIMO in 5G, MIMO for TX and RX, Basic 5G System
- Setup and visualization using a simulator
- RF ASIC Concepts 1: Two-port Networks, Stability, Equivalent Device Models,
- Impedance Matching, Biasing
- RF Simulations: Hands of tutorial for Doing Impedance Matching and Bias-T development using Scikit-RF
- RF ASIC Concepts 2: PDK Development, Layout Issues, Packaging Issues, and package selection Testing
- Power Amplifier Design: Basics of PA, different classes, performance matrix, design of one topology for 5G
- Power Amplifier Simulations: Design and Simulations of a couple of PA topologies using a Scikit-RF.
- LNA Design: LNA Basics, Design Topologies, Trade-Off Space for LNA
- LNA Simulations: Design and Simulations of a couple of LNA topologies using a Scikit-RF.
- RF Channel Architecture and Simulations: Different Channel
- Architectures and their feasibility from
- 5G perspective, Simulations of the channel using CppSim RF System Simulator.
There is no registration fee to attend the FDP. Candidates are required to pay a mandatory examination fee if they desire a certificate of completion of the FDP.
- Faculty/ Ph.D. Scholar: Rs. 500/- (SC/ST: Rs. 250/-)
- Industry People: Rs. 1000/- (SC/ST: Rs. 500/-)
Online Payment Details: Account Name: NIT Patna; Account No.: 50380476798; IFSC Code: ALLA0212286; Bank Name: Allahabad Bank.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Internship Program on VLSI Circuit Design by IIT Guwahati [Aug 10-Dec 10]: Apply by July 25.