The School of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Calicut is organizing an Online FDP on Data-Driven Decision Making from August 3 to 8, 2021.
National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC) is fully centrally funded by MHRD and is governed by the NIT Act 2007. Institute has ten departments, three schools, and nine research centers. It offers ten UG, and thirty PG programs along with the Ph.D. program in various fields of Science, Technology, and Engineering.
The objective of this FDP are to:
- Understand the information processing and cognitive models in decision making.
- Appraise the importance of designing a proper information system and decision support system.
- Apply methods to visualize the data and utilize methods for taking decisions based on multiple criteria.
- Analyze the heuristics decision models and utilize simulation for decision making.
- Synthesize a variety of contexts for different functional business decisions.
- Evaluate data using qualitative and sentiment analysis and model data for better predictive decisions.
The FDP follows a unique approach wherein the first few minutes are dedicated to perspective building before the expert sessions begin. During the perspective building sessions, the participants will be familiarised with a background information about what to expect in the forthcoming sessions along with discussing interesting information about decision making.
The session will include topics such as bounded rationality, cognitive psychology, single criterion decision making, and the like. The objective of the perspective-building session is to enable the participants to build a framework so that they can better understand the sessions from the experts. The last few minutes every day would be to summarise the sessions of the day to recapture important points, and also to understand what to expect in the forthcoming sessions.
- Information Processing and Cognitive Models for Decision Making
- Management Information System,
- Decision Support System and Business Intelligence
- Data Summary and Presentation
- Data Visualization
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Multi-criteria Decision Making
- Heuristics in Decision Making
- Modeling Business Decisions
- Marketing and Retaining Decisions
- Use cases for Decision Making
- Qualitative Data Analysis for Decision Making
- Sentiment Analysis
- Regression and Econometric Modeling
Who can Attend?
This is an interdisciplinary programme. Participants from Academia and Industry are welcome to register.
- Students/ Research Scholars : Rs. 1475/- (inclusive of GST)
- Academicians, Faculty Members : Rs. 2065/-(inclusive of GST)
- Participant from Industry : Rs. 3540/-(inclusive of GST)
The registration fee should be deposited directly to the SBI-NITC Branch in the Account No. 37618269594, SBI, NITC BRANCH. IFSC: SBIN0002207, In favor of ‘DIRECTOR NIT CALICUT-CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAMME and the payment receipt should be uploaded while applying online.
To register for the online FDP, click here.
The last date to register is July 28, 2021. Participation e-certificate will be emailed to all registered participants who attend all sessions and complete the requisite feedback.
You might also be interested in:
- Online Workshop on Building Energy Analysis by NIT Calicut [July 22-27]: Register by July 18
- Online FDP on Next Generation Systems by NIT Warangal [July 26-30]: Register by July 25