The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Vadodara is organizing an AICTE Sponsored Faculty Development Program/ Workshop on Data Analytics in R from May 25 to 29, 2020.
Indian Institute of Information Technology Vadodara was established in 2013 under the Public-Private Partnership of Government of India, Government of Gujarat, Tata Consultancy Services, Gujarat State Fertilizer Company, and Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute. Further, the institute has been declared as an Institute of National Importance by an Act of Parliament.
In this course, participants will learn data analytics techniques in order to analyze datasets and make statistically valid conclusions. It is expected that at the completion of the course, the participants will be able to::
- Prepare scripts in R for data analytics and understand the principles on which the statistics are derived
- Apply descriptive analytics for extracting patterns and visualize the data
- Apply the predictive analytics methods and use R for analysis and forecasting.
- Programming in R: Getting started with R, Language features: functions, assignment, arguments and types, Language features: binding and arrays, Error handling, Numeric, Statistical and Character functions, Data frames and I/O, Lists
- Introduction to Statistics for Data Analytics: Probability, Combinatorics, Expectations, Descriptive statistics, Statistical distributions, Scatter plot, stem and leaf plot, Histogram, Box plot, and Five point summary, Hypothesis Testing, and Estimation, Goodness of fit
- Graphical Models: Bayesian Networks, Hidden Markov Model, Markov Network (Markov Random Field)
- Linear Regression, Multi-linear Regression, and Logistic Regression: Fitting a line to data, Outliers, influence, and robust regression, Standard error and confidence interval, Interpretation of model coefficients, multiple regression assumptions, diagnostics and, efficacy measures
- Time Series Analysis: Characteristics of time series, Autocorrelation, Autoregressive Moving Average Models (ARIMA), Forecasting, and Estimation.
The course contains hands-on laboratory sessions. Participants will be using R for solving analytics tasks assigned in the laboratory session. The laboratory exercises will be designed to augment the theory sessions. Most of the exercises will be presented in the form of case studies. Participants will have a better learning experience if they carry their laptops.
The participant must be either a Faculty or a Research Scholar or a PG Student of AICTE affiliated College/ Institute/ University.
- To register online for the FDP, click here.
- There is no registration fee for attending the workshop.
- All the sessions will be conducted on Google Hangout Meet. The necessary links for the sessions will be communicated to the participants as per the schedule.
- The last date to register is May 8, 2020.
Phone Number: 9107929750545
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.