The Department of Computer Engineering, Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT), Jaipur is organizing an AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy Five Days Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Computer Science & Biology from January 18 to 22, 2021.
The objective of the course is to get exposure and gain knowledge about the diverse facets of computational biology (fundamentals of bioinformatics, developing algorithms, data analysis, and translational bioinformatics).
Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur is one of the premier NITs, designated with the status of “Institute of National Importance” by the Ministry of Education. The institute was established in 1963, and its campus spreads over 325 acres of lush green area in the central location of Jaipur city. The institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses (B. Tech., M. Tech./ MBA/ M.Sc. & Ph.D.) to about 4500 students, in leading fields of engineering, technology, architecture, management & sciences.
- Algorithms and Applications of DNA sequence analysis
- DNA Databases
- Protein structure and function
- Protein sequence databases, sequence alignment
- Global and local alignment
- Multiple sequence alignment
- Protein sequence analysis
- Protein secondary structures
- Deep learning tools in sequence analysis. Genome informatics: NGS, RNA seq.
- Bio-computing and Bio-communication.
- Computational Biology Development and applications of coarse-grained (CG) methods for biomolecules and mechanistic study of large biomolecular systems
- Modeling of biomolecular recognition
- Free energy simulations
- Modeling host-pathogen interactions
- High-end computation for generated big data, Biological networks, Multi-omics: genomics, proteomics, metabolomics.
Who can Attend?
As the field is highly interdisciplinary and holds the potential for high growth, the workshop is open to all the participants who are interested in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology.
The faculty members of the AICTE approved institutions, research scholars, PG Scholars, participants from Government, Industry, and staff of host institutions can attend the course.
You might also be interested in Online FDP on Entrepreneurship Development by NIT Surathkal [Feb 15-27]: Register by Feb 5.
The course content will be delivered from a pool of experts on the subject from IITs, NITs, and other institutions of repute.
- No registration fee for the participants.
- To register online for the FDP, click here.
- Registrations accepted will be based on First Come First Serve Basis.
- A test shall be conducted at the end of the program and participants will be awarded a certificate of participation by ATAL Academy.
- The certificate shall be issued to those participants who will have a minimum of 80% attendance and will score a minimum of 60% marks in the test.
- E-certificate will be provided by ATAL Academy after successful completion of FDP.
Dr. Yogesh Kumar Meena
For full notification, click the link below.