Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology (NIT), Jalandhar is organizing a 5 Day Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) Under AICTE Training & Learning (ATAL) Academy on Challenges and Opportunities in Collection, Storage and Utilization of Solar Thermal Energy from October 19 to 23, 2020.
Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology was established in the year 1987 as Regional Engineering College and was given the status of National Institute of Technology (Deemed University) by the Government of India on October 17, 2002, under the aegis of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi. Now the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has declared the Institute as “Institute of National Importance” under the act of Parliament-2007.
The main objective of the FDP is to plan and help in imparting quality technical education in the country and to support technical institutions in fostering research, innovation, and entrepreneurship through training in various emerging areas.
The FDP covers the basics of solar energy, nomenclature, solar geometry, solar radiation, estimation, measurement, flat plate collectors, solar water heaters, solar air heaters, novel solar thermal collectors, tracking improvements, thermal conversion applications viz. power generation, desalination, solar-assisted hybrid plants, cogeneration, multi-utility product.
The outcomes of this FDP on solar thermal energy are:
- Apply solar geometry and solar radiation to evaluate solar thermal technologies.
- Study on solar energy storage such as sensible heat storage, latent heat storage, thermochemical heat storage.
- Design the solar thermal collectors suitable to the application such as power generation, desalination, air conditioning, drying, etc.
- Sun-Earth Geometry
- Solar Radiation
- Solar Collectors
- Solar Thermal Storage
- Solar Energy Utilization
- Nano Fluids in Solar Applications
- Solar Radiative Cooling Technologies
- Solar Desalination
- Solar Thermal Power Generation
- Solar Poly-generation
- Modeling and Simulation of Solar Thermal Systems
- Optimization of Solar Thermal Units
Who can Attend?
The faculty members of the AICTE approved institutions, research scholars (PG and Ph.D.), participants from Government, Industry (Bureaucrats/ Technicians/ Participants from Industry, etc.), and staff of host institutions.
- Dr. K. Srinivas Reddy, Professor, IIT Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Dr. Himanshu Tyagi, Associate Professor, IIT Ropar, Punjab
- Dr. R. Velraj, Professor, Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Dr Subhash Chander, Professor, NIT Jalandhar, Punjab.
- Dr Eswaramoorthy Muthusamy, Professor, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu & Kashmir.
- Dr. T. Srinivas, Associate Professor, NIT Jalandhar, Punjab.
- Mr. Madhusudhana Rao, Director, Oorja Energy, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Dr Ranchan Chauhan, Asst. Professor, NIT Jalandhar, Punjab.
- Dr. Rajpreet Kaur, Asst. Professor, I.. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala, Punjab
There is no registration fee for the FDP. To register for the FDP, click here.
The last date to register is October 12, 2020. No Registration Fee. E-Certificates will be provided after the successful completion of FDP.
Dr. Tangellapalli Srinivas
Mo: +91-8056300923, 7814506833
For full notification, click the link below.
Online FDP on Challenges & Opportunities in Collection, Storage & Utilization of Solar Thermal Energy by NIT, Jalandhar
You might also be interested in Online FDP on Quantum Information & Computation by NIT Sikkim [Oct 5-17]: Registrations Open.