The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Calicut is organizing a Five days DST-SERB Sponsored online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Biomedical Signal Analysis & Machine Learning from January 11 to 15, 2021.
National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC) is fully centrally funded by MHRD and is governed by the NIT Act 2007. Institute has ten departments, three schools, and nine research centers. It offers ten UG, and thirty PG programs along with the Ph.D. program in various fields of Science, Technology, and Engineering. Faculties in the various Departments have active collaborations with universities and elite institutions within and outside India for research and have active consultancy for industries.
This Faculty Development Programme introduces a few research topics related to biomedical signal processing, emphasizing retinal images, and EEG signals. lt also introduces the concepts of machine learning, computer vision, and various applications. A thorough background in python programming and an introduction to various tools for machine learning and computer vision applications using Python with hands-on sessions will be a major focus of this course.
- Introduction to Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
- Ongoing research in the area of retinal image-processing (related to the disease Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP))
- EEG in Neurology: Uses and Drawbacks
- Research trends in EEG signal analysis
- Basics of Python Programming
- Machine Learning and its applications
- Introduction to ML libraries in Python (with Hands-on)
- Computer Vision and Applications
- Computer Vision libraries in Python (with Hands-on)
- Platforms and Products for next-generation Vision technology
- Image processing using Machine and deep learning
- Image classification using Convolutional Neural Networks (with Hands-on)
- Object detection using Generative Adversarial Networks (with Hands-on)
Who can Attend?
The program is open to faculty members of AICTE approved engineering colleges, Ph.D. scholars, PG Scholars, and Personnel from Industries.
The resource persons include clinicians from Medical Institutes and Research Centers, Experts from Industry and Academia.
There is no registration fee for the FDP. To register for the FDP, click here.
The registration fee is waived for all the participants. The number of participants is limited to 100 and will be decided on a first-come-first-serve basis. The last date to register is January 4, 2021. Certificates will be provided to registered participants upon completion of the course.
Phone Number: 6238470190
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.