The E & ICT Academy, National Institute of Technology, Warangal, in association with University College of Engineering, BIT Campus, Anna University is organizing an Online FDP on Basics of Bio-Informatics from May 26 to June 4, 2021.
Anna University is a public state university located in Tamil Nadu, India. The main campus is in Guindy, Chennai and the satellite campus is in Chromepet, Chennai. It was established on 4 September 1978.
This faculty development program (FDP) is devoted to addressing the need for technological developments in Biotechnology and its allied fields. Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary field that develops methods and software tools for understanding biological data, in particular when the data sets are large and complex. Bioinformatics now entails the creation and advancement of databases, algorithms, computational and statistical techniques, and theory to solve formal and practical problems arising from the management and analysis of biological data, particularly
DNA, RNA, and protein sequences.
This FDP is intended to provide an insight on the Basics of Bioinformatics and its applications in various fields with hands-on experience.
- Introduction, DNA sequence analysis, DNA Databases.
- Protein structure and function, protein sequence databases, sequence alignment.
- PAM matrix, Global and local alignment, BLAST: features and scores.
- Multiple sequence alignment, Conservation score, phylogenetic trees.
- Protein sequence analysis, hydrophobicity profiles, non-redundant datasets.
- Protein secondary structures, Ramachandran plot, propensity, secondary structure prediction.
- Protein tertiary structure, Protein Data Bank, visualization tools, structural classification, contact maps.
- Protein structural analysis, protein structure prediction.
- Protein stability, energetic contributions, database, stabilizing residues, stability upon mutations.
- Protein folding rates, proteins interactions, binding site residue.
Who can Attend?
The program is open to faculty of Engineering Colleges and other allied disciplines in India. Industry personnel working in the concerned /allied discipline can also attend.
- Faculty and Research Scholars: Rs.750/-
- Industry Participants: Rs.2250/-
The amount can be transferred to Account Name: Electronics & ICT Academy, NITW; IFSC: SBIN0020149; Account No: 62423775910.
To register for the FDP, click here.
Candidates will be issued satisfactory certificates on successful completion of the course. Reservations are followed for selecting candidates as per GOI norms. The last date to apply is May 15, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.
For more such opportunities, check below: