About the Program
An accurate assessment of the available water under climate change, both on surface and ground is needed for optimum design, planning and operation of the water resources projects as well as for watershed management to meet the basic needs of the people in the coming decades.
The remote sensing technique is useful in deriving high-resolution information in spatial and temporal domains about the hydrological parameters. Geographical Information System (GIS) technology provides suitable alternatives for efficient management of large and complex databases.
Who can attend?
- Graduate students, Post graduates and scholars carrying out research in the field of water resources can attend this course.
- Engineers, working officials of NGOs, and Researchers in the field of RS& GIS and Water Resources can attend this course.
- Faculty members from Engineering colleges.
- Introducing the basics of Remote Sensing and GIS
- Providing exposure to practical problems and their solutions, through case studies and live projects in the field of water resources engineering, Remote Sensing and GIS.
- Building in confidence and capability amongst the participants in the application of RS & GIS in water resource field.
- Exposing the participants to the challenges in modelling water resources under climate change.
- Interested candidates can register online via this page.
- The Registration fee is Rs. 500/- per participant for Faculty & Working Engineers and Rs. 300/- for Research Scholars and PG Students.
- Last date for submission of registration form: 15th October, 2020 (5.00 PM) or until the maximum intake (as determined by NIT Andhra Pradesh) is met, whichever happens, earlier.