The Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal invites applications for an Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Applications of Density Function Theory (DFT) in Teaching & Learning Chemistry, Physics & Material Science from March 19 to 24, 2021.
This Faculty Development Workshop is aimed to impart basic principles and advanced knowledge related to Computational Chemistry to faculty and researchers and to open new vistas for them in teaching. Further, this workshop provides a platform for interaction and exchange of ideas on current trends in the fields of Computational Chemistry with eminent people in the field.
National Institute of Technology Warangal, formerly known as Regional Engineering College was established in 1959. Over the years it has developed into a premier institute of higher learning and is ranked among the top technical education institutions in India.
- To enable the participants to learn the Basic Principles of Density Functional Theory (DFT) and its applications to Chemistry, Physics, and Material Science.
- To facilitate the participants to DFT-based methods and protocols through hands-on experience with the help of SCM-AMS software.
- To probe the role of DFT to develop new molecules, materials and solve the problems faced by the experimentalists.
- To empower the participants to transfer their learning experiences into their classroom teaching practices.
- Basics of Quantum chemistry, Density functional theory and various aspects of Chemistry, Physics, and Materials
- Applications of DFT with hands-on experience include Installation of various Softwares; Building molecules and materials using Avogadro, Gabedit, SCM-AMS; Solving problems of organic, inorganic, and physical chemistry; Understanding Solid State Physics and Material Science with the help of SCM-AMS.
Eminent Faculty from IITs, NITs, Central Universities, Teaching Learning Centres, and Senior Faculty from NIT Warangal.
- Faculty Members: Rs. 750/-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 400/-
The registration fee may be remitted Online through NEFT to the Bank account: Account Number: 62266262236 (Savings Account); Account Name: Director, Research Account, NITW; Bank Name: State Bank of India (SBI); Branch: NIT Warangal; IFSC Code: SBIN0020149.
To register online for the course, click here. The last date to register is March 17, 2021.
Prof. A. Ramachandraiah, Professor-in-Charge, and Coordinator,
Teaching Learning Centre (TLC), NIT Warangal
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.