NIT Jalandhar is organising Online Faculty Development Programme on Apparel Design by NIT Jalandhar on Feb 1-5, 2021. The last date of registration is 25 January 2021.
- Apparel Design softwares and Design Studio
- Principles of Apparel Design
- Overview of apparel manufacturing
- Sewing Machinery and Sewing Room Operators
- Sewing Threads and sewing performance
- Fabric Defects, Design Costing and InspectionSystem used for Apparel Production
- Apparel Quality and Quality Control in Apparel Production
- Trims and Accessories used in Apparel Production
- Bundling, Ticketing & RFID Technology
- Pattern Making and Drafting
- Pattern Making for Men’s Wear
- Pattern Making for Women’s Wear and Kids
- Marking, Spreading and Lay Plan
- Apparel Cutting Tools and Cutting Room Planning
- Interested and eligible candidates can register via this page.
- There is no registration fee for attending the course.
- Last date of registration: 25 Jan 2021
About Textile Dept
The department is pioneer in grooming textile engineers in this part of the country. Among 31 NITs of the country, it is the only NIT which runs textile technology courses and provides trained manpower to the textile industry.
The department has well experienced and dedicated faculty, wide gamut of interdisciplinary research activities encompassing garment manufacturing, sewing threads, fabric and sewing thread interaction, seam characterization, garment designing, stretchable garments, garment comfort, garment chemical processing, nonwoven fabric development, aerosol filtration, surgical gowns, coir geomesh, development of bandage fabric and antimicrobial fabrics, nano-composite filaments, development of specialty yarns, waste water management.
Dr Vinay Midha
Dr A K Choudhary