The Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam (IIMV) is organizing an Online Faculty Development Programme on Analytics from August 17 to 21, 2020.
The objective of this online Programme is to provide a framework and necessary data-analytic tools required to process large numeric datasets, inference from which can be used for data-driven decision making. The Programme will focus on examples from various management domains.
Apart from learning data-analytic tools, the participants will be exposed to statistical software, R for data analysis. While knowledge of preparing scripts in R will be disseminated as a part of the overall objective of the Programme, it will not attempt to be at a specialist level.
The topics that will be covered in the Programme are:
- Exploratory Analysis: This topic exposes the participants to the data processing. Specifically, participants will be exposed to basic graphical and descriptive-analytic techniques.
- Statistical Inference: This topic deals with the methods, and practice of forming judgments about the population characteristics and the reliability of statistical relationships.
- Simple and Multiple Linear Regression (SLR and MLR): Estimating the coefficients, assessing the accuracy of the coefficient estimates, assessing the accuracy of the model. Multiple linear regression: estimating the regression coefficients, qualitative predictors, potential problems in SLR, and MLR.
- Logistic Regression: An overview of classification, why not linear regression? The logistic model, Estimating the regression coefficients, making predictions, multiple logistic regression.
- Forecasting: This topic explores the presence of trend and seasonality in time-dependent data. Both graphical and testing methodologies will be emphasized so as to produce univariate forecasts for conventional time-dependent data.
- Zoom Software: The online FDP will be in Device-to-Device (D2D) mode on the Zoom platform. The participants are required to log in for attending the sessions from their computers. A stable 4G/ Broadband internet connection will be required. Note that the login details will be sent to the registered participants before each session via email.
- R Statistical software
Who Should Attend?
- Faculty Members (Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels),
- Research scholars (pursuing Ph.D. and with Ph.D.),
- Research associates/Academic associates (with M.Tech/M.Sc./MBA)
Working in management schools, universities, colleges, and professional institutes, or other government and private professional training institutes based in India and abroad are invited to apply.
The registration fee is INR 4000/- for the course.
The seats of the workshop are limited. The registration will be purely on a first-come-first-serve basis. IIM Visakhapatnam reserves the right to deny registration once the seats are full. To pay the registration fee online, click here.
To register online for the FDP, click here. The last date to register is August 12, 2020.
The registered participants will be awarded a Certificate of Participation in the Online Faculty Development Program on Analytics. The Certificate will be sent to the address provided during registration via post.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online FDP on Advanced Multivariant Data Analytics by IIM Visakhapatnam [Sept 7-11]: Register by Aug 30.