The Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Calicut is organizing an Online FDP on Advances in Synthetic Organic Chemistry and Their Applications in Modern Medicinal Chemistry from August 23 to 27, 2021.
The proposed FDP shall assist the participants to understand the novel synthetic strategies in organic chemistry which enable the precise design of molecules for specific applications. It shall highlight various characterization strategies. It shall also present the impressive achievements of heterocyclic chemistry for technological advancements, with a special thrust to medicinal chemistry.
National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC) is fully centrally funded by MHRD and is governed by the NIT Act 2007. Institute has ten departments, three schools, and nine research centers. It offers ten UG, and thirty PG programs along with the Ph.D. program in various fields of Science, Technology, and Engineering.
- To understand the role of organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry in modern day engineering, technology and medicine.
- To gain the knowledge about various techniques in synthetic organic chemistry.
- To understand the basic principles of organic molecules as vaccine adjuvant.
This program will cover the following topics:
- Advanced techniques in synthetic organic chemistry
- Fundamentals of medicinal chemistry
- Applications of organic molecules in the field of medicinal chemistry and materials’ chemistry
- Discovery and development of organic molecules as vaccine adjuvants
Who should Attend?
The program is open to all NBA and AICTE approved engineering/ polytechnic college teachers, all university teachers, degree college lecturers, UGC college teachers, +2 teachers, research scholars, and P.G. students. The number of participants is approximately 100 (not more than 120) and the selection will be based on a priority basis
- Faculty : Rs. 2655/-
- Ph.D. Students : Rs. 590/-
- PG Students : Rs. 295/-
- Industrial Personnel : Rs. 5310/- (The registration fee is inclusive of 18% GST)
The registration fee has to be paid through an online transfer. The bank details are given below: Account Name: Director, NIT Calicut, Continuing Education Programme, Account No. : 37618269594; IFSC Code: SBIN0002207; MICR Code: 673002012.
To register for the FDP, click here.
On completion of the program on all the days, the participants will be awarded an E-Certificate of participation. The last date to register is August 20, 2021.
You might also be interested in: