The Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Calicut is organizing an Online FDP on Advanced Engineered Surfaces for Phase Change Heat Transfer Application from July 12 to 16, 2021.
National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC) is fully centrally funded by MHRD and is governed by the NIT Act 2007. Institute has ten departments, three schools, and nine research centers. It offers ten UG, and thirty PG programs along with the Ph.D. program in various fields of Science, Technology, and Engineering.
The main aim of the proposed course is to spotlight the recent advancements in the area of surface engineering and their potential application in the thermal management of high heat flux devices. Exposure to the experimental and characterization techniques will enable the participants to know about the advanced fabrication techniques and their successful implementation.
The advanced computing thermal techniques used in various thermal applications and corresponding mathematical modelling of the physical system will be explored.
On completion of this course, participants are expected to be capable of understanding the basics and advances of phase change heat transfer in electronics, current surface engineering techniques for the enhancement of surface properties and its application.
This program will cover the following topics:
- Liquid Infused Slippery Surfaces
- Thermo-capillary Driven Bubbles
- Micro-Macro Perspectives of Boiling Heat Transfer
- Flow boiling on Nano-structured Microchannel
- Additives for the enhancement of phase change
- heat transfer in earth and microgravity condition
- Wall superheat at the incipient nucleate boiling condition for natural and forced convection
- Heat Transfer on Melting and Solidification of Phase Change material
- Engineer Water Repellent Surfaces and Colloidal
- Deposits via Droplet Evaporation on a Solid Surface
- Measurement techniques for Multi-phase flows
- Flow boiling heat transfer in a mini channel using carbon nanotube coating
- Evaporation of water droplets on different heated surfaces
Who can Attend?
Faculties/ Ph.D. Scholars/ PG and B.Tech Students and industry employees working/ interested in the area of Advanced surface and phase change heat transfer.
- Faculty: Rs. 1190
- PhD students: Rs. 595
- M.Tech/ B.Tech students: Rs. 238
- Industry Person: Rs. 3570
The registration fee has to be paid through an online transfer. The bank details are given: Account Name: Director, NIT Calicut, Continuing education programme. Account No.: 37618269594; IFSC Code: SBIN0002207; MICR Code: 673002012.
To register for the course, click here.
You might also be interested in:
- Online Workshop on 3D Printing Solutions for Medical Innovation by NIT Calicut [July 17-18]: Register by July 10.
- Online FDP on Reliability & Security of VLSI Circuits & Systems for IoT by IIT Jammu [Aug 2-6]: Register by July 25