The Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Patna is organizing an AICTE Sponsored Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Additive Manufacturing from November 16 to 20, 2020.
National Institute of Technology, Patna is the 18th National Institute of Technology created by the Ministry of H.R.D. Government of India after rechristening the erstwhile Bihar College of Engineering Patna on 28.01.2004.
- To update the participants with state-of-the-art technologies in Additive Manufacturing.
- To enable the participants to have experiential learning in 3D modeling, build-setup preparation, and 3D printing through hands-on sessions.
- To enable participants to learn the industrial, real-life, and pedagogical applications of Additive Manufacturing.
- To facilitate the participants to develop low-cost 3D printers to teach engineering concepts.
- To empower the participants to offer a course on Additive Manufacturing technology at their respective institutions.
- 3D Printing & Additive Manufacturing-An Overview
- CAD for Additive Manufacturing
- Stereolithography File format and its salient features
- Hands-on training on STL file processing technique
- Stereolithography & Laminated Object Manufacturing
- Hands-on Operational Training on FDM machine
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) & Selective Laser Melting (SLM)
- Real-Time Applications of Additive Manufacturing Technologies
- Materials used in Additive Manufacturing -Polymers and Metals
- Materials used in Additive Manufacturing -NonMetals and Ceramics
- Dynamic Challenges and Opportunities in Additive Manufacturing
- Bird view on Commercially available Additive
- Manufacturing Equipment in the market
- Inspection and Testing techniques adopted in Additive Manufacturing Process
- Curriculum Development of a Course in 3D Printing Technology.
All the faculties, Research Scholar, and PG Scholars from AICTE approved institutions are eligible for the workshop.
Speakers will be from various disciplines of different IITs/ Research Organizations and other institutions of higher learning, and related industries and R&D organizations from different parts of the country.
- There is no registration fee from any participants.
- No TA/ DA will be paid to any participants.
- To register online for the workshop, click here.
- The number of participants is limited to 50.
- Participants will be selected on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Selected candidates will be intimated by e-mail confirmations of participation is to be made by email only.
- Faculty members selected for the program should get the authorization certificates signed from the principal.
- The Coordinator’s decision will be final in the selection of participants.
- The last date to register is October 30, 2020.
The certificates shall be issued to those participants who have attended the program with a minimum of 80% attendance and scored a minimum of 60% marks in the test.
Phone Number: +91-94104-78242
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online FDP on Deep Learning & ML Applications in Computer Vision by NIT Patna [Aug 22-28]: Register by Aug 21.