About the Competition
The International Day of Non-Violence is marked on 2 October, the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, leader of the Indian independence movement and pioneer of the philosophy and strategy of non-violence.
In 2007 United Nations General Assembly established the commemoration, the International Day is an occasion to “disseminate the message of non-violence, including through education and public awareness”. The resolution reaffirms “the universal relevance of the principle of non-violence” and the desire “to secure a culture of peace, tolerance, understanding and non-violence”.
Many people, governments, and non-government organizations around the world observe the International Day of Non-Violence through various events and activities such as:
- News articles and broadcast announcements promoting the day.
- Public lectures, seminars, discussions, and press conferences about non-violence.
- Photo exhibitions highlighting issues, such as the dangers of the illicit trade of small arms.
- Street awareness campaigns.
- Light ceremonies promoting non-violence and peace.
- Multi-faith prayer meetings.
The International Day of Non-Violence has strong connections with the works, beliefs, and methods of peace leader Mahatma Gandhi, who is known as India’s “Father of the Nation”.
Gandhi was a Great supporter of Truth and Non Violence
The essay competition is meant for students of Secondary, Higher Secondary and Undergraduates Standards from schools under CBSE, ICSE, KVS, NVS, NIOS and All School boards/SCERTs at the State/UT Level.
- Junior Category: 6th to 8th
- Senior Category: 9th to 12th & Undergraduates
Awards for both Junior and Senior Category are as follows:-
- 1st Prize 5100 + Physical Certificate
- 2nd Prize 2100 + Physical Certificate
- 3rd Prize 1100 + Physical Certificate
- Certificates of Participation to be awarded to all on the registered e-mail
- Apart from the above prizes “Best 10 submission shall win a cash prize of Rs. 1000/-“
Rs.100 (Amount raise from your registration fee is being gone to COVID-19 affected families)
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the competition through this link.
- Application Starts from 15th September 2020 at 11:59 PM
- Last Date to Apply: 15th October 2020 at 11:59 PM
- Declaration of Winners: 30th October 2020
For more details, click the link below.
Online Essay Competition on International Day of Non-Violence