The Department of Electrical Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi is organizing an Online Course on Transition Towards Electric Vehicles from January 11 to 16, 2021.
The Indian Institute of Technology Varanasi is a public technical and research university located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. Founded in 1919 as the Banaras Engineering College, it became the Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University in 1968.
The proposed short term course will address the key issues related to Power electronics, Electric drives and energy management aspect of Electric vehicles, and their adoption in existing Indian infrastructure. Few of the topics which will be given due weightage includes – High power density converter, Energy efficient motor drive, Electric vehicle charging stations and their impact on distribution grid, Energy management using advanced controllers, optimal site selection and Smart power system interfacing solutions.
- Power converters
- Energy Efficient EV drive
- Electric Vehicles as virtual power plant
- EV charging infrastructure
- Advanced Control techniques
- Planning and operation of distributed charging infrastructure
- Resilient distributed power network
- Site selection for charging stations:
- Electrical/ Civil Engineering aspects
- Smart power system interfacing solutions
You might also be interested in Online Course on Nanoelectronics Devices & Circuit by IIT BHU [Jan 4-9]: Register by Dec 31.
From IITs, University of Warwick and Industries.
- There is no registration fee for attending the short term course.
- Participation certificates will only be provided to faculty members of AICTE approved institutes.
- For registration as student, attach a copy of the Institute Identity card.
- To register for the course, click here.
- The last date to register is January 6, 2021.
Dr. Santosh K Singh
Department of Electrical Engineering
IIT (BHU) Varanasi
For full notification, click the link below.