IIT Bhubaneswar is organizing a 5-day AICTE Sponsored Online Short Term Course on Traffic Flow Modelling by IIT Bhubaneswar from July 5 to 9, 2021.
The course aims at introducing the participants to nuances of traffic flow modelling and its management. Conceptual aspects, methodologies, analytical techniques will be demonstrated using examples.
IIT Bhubaneswar, established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011 came into existence on 22nd July 2008. The Institute strives to offer the best engineering education with unmatched novelties in the curriculum.
In general, the following areas will be covered indepth and comprehensive information will be provided to the participants:
- Parameters of traffic flow modelling
- Fundamental relations of traffic flow modelling
- Statistical modelling of arrival pattern of vehicles
- Traffic stream models and calibration of models
- Estimation of capacity and LOS of different facilities,
- Operational analysis of multi-lane divided highways Car-following models
- Assessment of U-Turns at uncontrolled median openings.
- Different types of merging, conflicting traffic volume estimation etc.
- Application of Markov process
- Traffic Fluid Analogy: An overview
Lectures will be delivered by experts working with different Indian institutions, Research organizations, and Govt. organizations.
- Faculty from AICTE approved Engineering Colleges: Free (They need to transfer/ deposit DD of Rs. 1000/- in favor of CEP, IIT Bhubaneswar (Which will be refunded on successfully joining the course)
- Faculty of AICTE/ Non–AICTE approved Engg Colleges /Scientist/ Research Scholar (Exceeding 30): Rs. 1000/- + 18% GST
- Engineers from Industry: Rs. 3,000/- + 18% GST
To download the registration form, click here.
The filled-in registration form should be emailed to email@example.com. The last date to register is June 23, 2021.
You might also be interested in: