The Cryogenic Engineering Centre, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur is organizing an AICTE-QIP Short Term Course on Superconductor based Power Applications from October 1 to 7, 2020.
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur was established by the government of India in 1951. Being first of its kind, it is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the government of India. The institute was established to train scientists and engineers after independence. It shares its organizational structure and undergraduate admission process with other IITs. IIT Kharagpur has the largest campus (2,100 acres), several departments, centers & schools, and the highest student enrollment. Recently IIT, Kharagpur has been recognized as an Institute of Eminence.
Superconductor based technology for power application is a cutting edge technology, which will have a great impact on the techno-commercial aspects in electrical power generation, energy storage, bulk power transmission with minimal losses, high torque compact motors, and protection of power system against faults. The stated technology has wide application in the field of electrical power sector (both on-shore and off-shore), energy storage systems, defense sector for ship propulsion, degaussing, rail-gun, electrolysis industries, nuclear and particle accelerators.
- Introduction to superconductors & its applications.
- Comparison of normal conductor and superconductor based electrical power devices.
- Requirements of cryogenic environment for superconducting power devices.
- Superconductor based power cables-design, development, and testing with laboratory demonstration.
- Superconductor based magnet design and development for energy storage application with laboratory demonstration.
- Superconductor based compact motors and generators.
- Superconductors based fault current limiters and transformers.
- Category A: AICTE-QIP Faculty members of AICTE-QIP approved Engineering colleges/ Institutes/ Universities with B.Tech/ M.Tech/ Ph.D. in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Metallurgical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Nuclear Engineering and M.Sc./PhD in Physics. The course is free for Category A and the number of participants in Category A is limited to 30.
- Category B: Sponsored Personnel Sponsored by the Industry/ R&D labs/ other organizations with B.Tech/ M.Tech/ PhD in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Metallurgical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Nuclear Engineering and M.Sc./ Ph.D. in Physics. The course fee for Sponsored Candidates from industry, R&D labs (Category B) is (Rs. 30,000/- + 18% GST on Rs. 30,000/-) = Rs. 35,400/-.
The registration fee includes an electronic copy of study materials and refreshments during sessions. A certificate will be issued to all the registered participants on attending the complete course.
To register online for the course, click here. The last date to register is September 25, 2020.
Phone Number: 9008200553
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.