The Department of Physics in collaboration with Dept. of ECE & Dept. of Mathematics, MNIT Jaipur is organizing a five day online Short Term Course on “Software Tools, & Techniques for Scientific Publications: ROOT, GNU Plot, GeoGebra” from September 4 to 8, 2020.
This short term course aims to provide a comprehensive theoretical and hands-on practical sessions on software tools (open source): ROOT (Developed by CERN, Geneva, based on C++), Gnuplotting, GeoGebra, along with the State-of-Art data analysis techniques.
Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur is a public technical university located in Jaipur, India with emphasis on science, engineering, and management.
- The scientific tools and techniques are useful for data analysis, plotting distributions (Graphs and 1D, 2D, and 3D histograms) from the theoretical results and experiments in science and engineering fields.
- Writing skills for preparing project, dissertation, thesis, paper, and resume in latex is useful for UG, PG, Ph.D. students, and faculty/ scientists.
- All softwares are open/ free available source and easy to install and use.
- ROOT: It is an open-source modular scientific software toolkit. It provides all the functionalities needed to deal with big data processing, statistical analysis, visualization, and storage. It is mainly written in C++ but integrated with other languages such as Python & Jupiter.
- GeoGebra & Gnuplotting: These software tools are used to visualize the geometry and produce the 2D graphs of data generated by other programs or from the experiment.
- Hands-on training on how to write a paper, project report, thesis, and resume in Latex.
- UG/ PG/ Ph.D. Students: Rs. 590/-
- Faculty/ Scientist/ Post Doctoral Fellow: Rs. 1180/-
Registration fee needs to be remitted Online through NEFT to the Bank account details: Name: The Registrar MNIT, Jaipur (TEQIP Phase- III); Account No. 36875887782; IFSC CODE: SBIN0015921 (SBI, MNIT).
A certificate will be given to participants at the completion of the course. On the last day of the course, various projects using these software’s and State-of-the-Art techniques will be discussed.
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here. The last date to register is September 2, 2020.
Dr. Kavita Lalwani
Phone Number: +91-9549650180
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online Course on Computational & Experimental Studies on Failure of Materials by NIT Jalandhar [Sep 13-17]: Register by Sep 7.