About the Course
Do you want to write powerful, maintainable, and testable front end applications faster and with less code? Then consider joining this course to gain skills in one of the most popular Single Page Application (SPA) frameworks today, AngularJS. Developed and backed by Google, AngularJS is a very marketable skill to acquire.
In this course, we will explore the core design of AngularJS 1.x (latest version of AngularJS 1), its components and code organization techniques. We will enhance the functionality of our web app by utilizing dependency injection to reuse existing services as well as write our own. We will create reusable HTML components that take advantage of AngularJS data binding as well as extend HTML syntax with a very powerful feature of AngularJS called directives.
We’ll set up routing so our SPA can have multiple views. We will also learn how to unit test our functionality. At the end of this course, you will build a fully functional, well organized and tested web application using AngularJS and deploy it to the cloud.
Skills you will gain
- Unit Testing
- Web Development
- Introduction to AngularJS: In this module, we are going to start by going over how grading works for this course, will introduce some recommended books, as well as give you the information on how to find all of the source code that you will see throughout the course.
- Module 2 – Filters, Digest Cycle, Controller Inheritance, and Custom Services: We will start this module by learning how to use Angular filters to manipulate our data into the format we want and learn how to create our own custom filters.
- Week 3 – Promises, Ajax, and Custom Directives: In this module, we go over a lot of essential features of AngularJS. We will start with learning about the Promise API. While Promises are essential to Angular, this topic reaches far beyond Angular.
- Module 4 – Components, Events, Modules, and Routing: In this module, we start by introducing the idea of Component-based architecture. We will then delve into the AngularJS component API.
- Module 5 – Form Validation, Testing, and Restaurant Site Development: This is the last module in the course. We’ll start this module by learning just how easy it is to validate forms with Angular. We will then delve into unit testing our AngularJS code.
To enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with Coursera through an affiliate programme.