The Electronics Engineering Department, Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat is organizing an Online Course on Recent Trends in Machine Learning (ML)-An Industry Perspective from November 8 to 12, 2020.
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT) was established in 1961 as one of the Regional Engineering Colleges for imparting technical education.
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, the Central Government on the advice of the University Grants Commission, has declared the Sardar Vallabhbhai Regional College of Engineering & Technology (SVREC), Surat to Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat with the status of “Deemed University” with effect from 4th December 2002.
This Machine Learning online course offers an in-depth overview of Machine Learning topics, including working with real-time data, developing algorithms using supervised & unsupervised learning, regression, classification, and time series modelling. The participants will acquire knowledge of machine learning algorithms to solve real-world applications and how this powerful tool is being utilized in industrial applications.
This course would help participants bridge the knowledge gap between a theoretical understanding of ML and its practical applications in industry. The participants will be able to get a fundamental idea of applying a machine learning algorithm to solve different real-life problems and design a machine learning applications of their own.
The course includes industry perspective on machine learning applications in the areas, including but not limited to:
- Computer Vision
- Image Processing
- Natural Language Processing
- Speech and Audio Processing
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Assistive Technology
- AI in healthcare
- Dr. Hardik Sailor, Lead Senior Engineer, Samsung Research Institute Bangalore
- Dr. Parth Mehta, NLP Research Scientist, Parmonic
- Mr. Ganesh Iyer, Senior Software Engineer, Harvard Medical
- Dr. Manjira Sinha, Assistant Professor, Centre for Educational Technology, IIT Khargpur
- Dr. Tirthankar Dasgupta, Scientist, Innovation Lab, Tata Consultancy Services
- Mr. Peddakota Vikash, Data Scientist, ShareChat
- Mr. Meet Soni, Researcher, TCS Research and Innovation
- Dr. Nilesh Vaishnav, Lead Design Engineer, Cadence Design Systems, Audi R&D Group
- Mr. Falak Shah, Lear Research Scientist/ ML Research Lead, InFoCusp
- Dr. Sachin Pawar, Researcher, Tata Research Development and Design Centre (TRDDC)
- Mr. Nitin Ramrakhiyani, Researcher, TRDDC
Who can Attend?
Academicians in any discipline from the engineering institutions; Industry Personnel; Research Scholars; UG/ PG Students are invtited to attend the course.
- Academicians/ Scientist/ Researchers: Rs. 600/-
- Students: Degree/ PG/ Ph.D.: Rs. 300/-
- Practicing engineers/ Professionals: Rs. 5000/-
The non-refundable registration fee should be paid online through net banking to “Director SVNIT TEQIP IRG” A/C No: 0277101028663, Canara Bank, Nanpura Branch Surat, IFSC: CNRB0000277.
Kindly save the receipt or take screenshot of the payment. UG/ PG/ Research scholars have to attach bonafide certificate or photocopy of their valid identity card along with registration form.
To register for the course, click here. The last date to register is November 6, 2020.
Dr. Kamal Captain, Coordinator
Electronics Engineering Department.
S. V. National Institute of Technology,
Ichchhanath, Surat – 395007
Phone: 7990356003, 9427452999
For full notification, click the link below.