The National Institute of Technology, Surat, Gujarat is organizing an Online Faculty Development Program on Reality based Welding Simulator: Significance, Virtual Training, and Industrial Correlation from May 18 to 22, 2020.
The aim of this program is to provide a fundamental understanding of reality-based welding simulation, its correlation with actual welding as well as relevant testing for welded parts to a broad spectrum of researchers, teachers, and students. Various industries are now making use of welding simulator not only to train their resources but also to enhance weld quality, minimizing defects, designing best WPS/PQR, etc.
- Need and significance of weld simulator from an industrial perspective.
- Virtual training to understand a reality-based experience with the help of variable welding process parameters.
- Demonstrate the effectiveness in accordance with WPS setting/ design and influence of process parameters.
- Demonstration of weld joint analysis through virtual and real-time welding.
- Interpretation and understanding of testing associated with the welded part.
- Introduction to advances in welding and exposure to scope for research in the field of welding from an industry perspective.
- Interactions with industry experts.
- Efforts will be made to invite reputed industries to demonstrate their latest products/developments in the welding field.
The faculty members of the AICTE approved institutions, research scholars, PG scholars, participants from Government, Industry (Bureaucrats/ Technicians/ Participants from Industry, etc.), and staff of host institutions are eligible to attend the program.
The resource persons for the program shall include faculty members of the host institute, senior speakers from L&T Hazira, Surat National Skill Training Institute, Banglore and invited senior speakers from reputed industries dealing with welding simulator like Fronius India Pvt. Ltd., Skillveri Training Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Chennai, Lincoln Electric Company, India, Impart technologies, etc.
- There is no registration fee to attend this program.
- Participants willing to attend this online FDP should have the provision of laptop/ desktop with good quality, internet connections, and other audiovisual facilities, as required for online training.
- To register online for the FDP, click here.
- The Last date of online registration is 09/05/2020.
- The shortlisted candidates will be informed through their email within 2-3 days of registration.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Online Course on Deep Learning & its Applications by IIT Roorkee [May 4-13]: Register by May 1.