The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur is organizing an online Course on Principles of Pricing from March 8 to 13, 2021.
This course will expose students to modelling and optimization techniques which can be used to design the firm-market interface. This includes an introduction to basic ideas of revenue management (how to sell the right product to the right customer at the right time for the right price) as well as market-place design.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (also known as IIT Kanpur or IITK) is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
Scope of the Course
- The main objective of this course is to enhance the economic and managerial knowledge of the participants by providing a framework for understanding pricing strategies and tactics.
- Apart from discussing the fundamental economic and management principles, the course includes modules on models of customer behavior and identifying buyer responses, monopoly pricing, pricing strategies, game theory, competition, strategies, and auctions.
- Learners get an appreciation of the theory behind pricing as well as see examples of different applications of the theory in regards to the pricing in e-commerce and technology sectors as well as in the public sector.
- Models of consumer behavior and estimating buyer response
- Monopoly pricing
- Price discrimination
- Introduction to game theory, pricing, and competition
- Applications 1: Pricing in online markets
- Applications 2: Pricing in the public sector
- Faculty from AICTE Institutes coming under QIP program (maximum 30): NIL
- Faculty from private/ autonomous Institutions (Non-IITK Faculty): Rs. 5,900/- (Including GST)
- Students of IITK (IITK-Student): NIL
- Students from other Educational Institutions (Non-IITK Students): Rs. 3540/- (Including GST)
- Participant from Industry and R&D labs (Industrial Participant): Rs. 9,440/- (Including GST)
To register for the course, click here.
For full notification, click the link below.