The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Karnataka, Surathkal is organizing an Online Course on PCB Design using Open Source Tools from October 26 to 30, 2020.
NITK Surathkal is a premier institution engaged in imparting quality technological education and providing support to research and development activities. NITK is recognized as an institute of national importance by an act of parliament. NITK has carved a niche for itself among the best technical institutes in India. NITK offers 9 UG, 26 PG programs, and Ph.D. programs.
Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) are employed in industrial electronics, domestic electronics, robotics, embedded systems, and in almost all the electronic gadgets. This short-term course is aimed to provide complete knowledge on designing PCBs using open source tools. At the end of this course, the participants will be able to design PCBs of their own for their projects.
The contents of this course are:
- Basics of PCB design
- Introduction to PCB design software
- Creation of schematic for PCB
- Component foot print design
- Creation of board layout for PCB
- Component orientation and placement
- Routing procedures, Two layer PCB design
- Generation of Gerber file
Who can Attend?
Faculty/ Industry persons and Students (UG/ PG/ Ph.D.) are invited to apply for the course.
All the sessions of this course will be handled by industry experts.
- Faculty/ Industry persons: Rs. 350/-
- Students (UG/ PG/ Ph.D.): Rs. 250/-
The registration fee can be paid via bank transfer to the following account details: Account Name: Director-STEP; Account No.: 8517101005614; Bank Name: Canara Bank; Branch: NITK Campus, Surathkal, Mangalore; IFSC code: CNRB0008517.
- To register for the course, click here.
- This short term course will be on virtual mode, the coordinator(s) will send the details for joining the online sessions to the email ID of the registered participants.
- E-Certificate will be provided to the participant with no absenteeism.
- The last date to register is October 20, 2020.
Dr. B. Venkatesa Perumal
Professor-EEE, Professor-In-Charge NITK-STEP
National Institute of Technology Karnataka,
Surathkal, Mangalore, Karnataka – 575 025
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online FDP on Applied Science and Humanities by NIT Puducherry [Dec 14-18]: Register by Nov 27.