The Indian Institute of Remote Sensing Applications (IIRS) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) are together organizing an Online Course on Overview of Geo-processing using Python from January 18 to 29, 2021.
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) under Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Department of Space, Govt. of India is a premier Training and Educational Institute set up for developing trained professionals in the field of Remote Sensing, Geoinformatics and GNSS Technology for Natural Resources, Environmental, and Disaster Management.
Formerly known as the Indian Photo interpretation Institute (IPI), founded in 1966, the Institute boasts to be the first of its kind in entire South-East Asia.
- Overview of GIS and different geospatial data types
- Overview to Python programming using
- Introduction anaconda and Jupyter notebook
- Raster data processing, resampling and analysis
- Vector data processing and analysis
- Geo-spatial data visualization on web
- Familiarization to various open source geospatial data processing libraries e.g. GDAL, Geopandas etc.
At the end of this course participant must be able to:
- Write program in python to read, write and process different raster formats.
- Write program in python to read, write and process different vector formats.
- Write program to visualize geospatial data in form of maps, images etc.
Who can Attend?
The candidates who want to participate in the course should be a student of final year undergraduate course or postgraduate course (any year). Technical/ Scientific Staff of Central/ State Government/ Faculty/ researchers at university/ institutions are also eligible to apply for this course.
Applications of participants have to be duly sponsored by university/ institute and forwarded through coordinators from respective centres. Users receiving programmes under CEC-UGC/ CIET networks can also participate. Institutions on high speed National Knowledge Network (NKN).
To register for the course, click here.
The certificate will be awarded to Working Professionals and Students: Based on 70% attendance and 40% in the online examination. There is a limited number of seats and registration will be done on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Mr. Ashok Ghildiyal
Phone Number: 0135-2524130
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.