About the Course
The main objective of this short term course is to focus on the recent trends in power distribution systems especially in Indian scenario. With the deregulation of power markets and improvement in automation, the power distribution system has undergone considerable changes.
The incorporation of distributed energy resources has brought into considerable changes in the characteristics of power distribution system. The concept of Microgrid has opened a new horizon. Battery storage devices have brought into new opportunities. In the present competitive market, the operation and control of the power distribution system is of immense importance in order to meet the growing demand of uninterrupted quality power.
This short term course is aimed at familiarising the participants with recent development and challenges in power distribution system. The program will be enlightened by invited experts from reputed institutes and industries across the country.
- Operation and control of microgrid. Natural disaster and power restoration
- Reliability of power distribution system
- Renewable energy integration in Power distribution
- Opportunities of battery storage devices
- Demand side management and V2G technology
Who can attend?
This program is open to faculty members, research scholars, PG & UG Students, and industrial personnel.
- Last date (Online Registration): 16-09- 2020
- Confirmation by E-mail: 17-09-2020
- Duration: 18-09-2020 to 22-09-2020
- Interested candidates can register via this page.
- Registration fee: NIL
Dr. Partha Kayal
Dr. Saheli Ray