Wits University offers 8 weeks Online Course on Results-Based Project Management. Online registrations are open.
About the Course
In this course, you will learn the basics of results-based project management. After an introduction to the results framework and its associated performance indicators, you will learn how monitoring systems and evaluations provide a crucial source of evidence for management decision-making.
This project management course is designed to address the growing demand for managers in Africa and around the world, who can use results-based approaches to design, implement and manage an ever growing range of programs and projects. Monitoring and evaluation (key results based management tools) are increasingly called upon within public service, non-governmental sectors and multi-lateral development agencies to help ensure that resources are put to optimum use and that citizens and beneficiaries are assured of receiving the benefits that are committed to them.
The course has been developed in partnership with CLEAR Anglophone Africa and draws upon the centers experience in promoting the use of evidence-based systems across Africa to enhance development practice.
What you’ll learn?
- The rationale for using results to define program and project achievement
- The theory of the “Results Chain”
- Using performance indicators to measure progress
- Using evaluations to appraise the long term value and worth of a program
- Week 1: What are results and why are they important?
- Week 2: Introduction to the Results Chain.
- Week 3: Results statements.
- Week 4: Performance indicators, baselines and targets.
- Week 5: Identifying assumptions and risk.
- Week 6: Monitoring systems.
- Week 7: The role of evaluations.
- Week 8: Wrap-up and Assessment
8 Weeks (3–4 hours per week).
Basic project management.
To enroll in this program, click the link below.Online Course on Results-Based Project Management
Note: Noticebard is associated with edX through an affiliate programme.