Registrations are open for 4-months Online Course on Professional Skills for the Workplace by UC Davis.
This Specialization is intended for working professionals early in their career and for organizations who look to improve interpersonal relationship skills among their employees, clients, and customers.
Through four courses, you will explore the use of emotional and social intelligence, practice a formula for problem solving, cultivate a growth mindset, and build skills related to adaptability and resilience in an ever-changing environment. These skills show up in business relationships and communication and ultimately impact professional effectiveness.
You will be able to demonstrate sound judgment by engaging in critical thinking to reach decisions and solve problems independently. You will be able to develop a competitive advantage by learning, adapting, and harnessing insights from past endeavors. You will assess your own expectations in your current or anticipated work roles and settings, and how those may align with or differ from what is required by employers and other stakeholders now and in the future.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Problem Solving
- Growth Strategies
- Critical Thinking
- Personal Advertisement
- Apply critical thinking skills to complex problems.
- Apply a model for solving problems and pose questions to further understanding of specific problems.
- Analyze beliefs and actions that contribute to a growth mindset within an organization.
- Evaluate opportunites to increasingly develop a growth mindset.
- Emotional and Social Intelligence
- Critical Thinking Skills for the Professional
- The Growth Mindset
- Adaptability and Resiliency
4 Months (Suggested pace of 3 hours/week).