The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar is organizing an Online Course on Math History from August 9, 2021.
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar is a public engineering institution located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It has been declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.
- Mathematics in Vedic times. Sulba Satras. Mathematics in Classical Sanskrit Period.
- Decimal place value system. Negative numbers. Indian system of counting as the universal language. Work of Aryabhatta.
- Mathematical astronomy. Indian contribution to Trigonometry and Astronomy. The work of Brahmagupta and Bhaskara.
- Kerala School of mathematics. The concept of Infinity. Infinite Series.
- Exchanges with the Islamic world. Indian Mathematics in the West. Mathematics in Early western civilizations. The Pythagorean theorem.
- The Beginning of Greek Mathematics, Greek Geometry, Regular Polyhedra, Conic sections
- Developments in Greek Mathematics. Diophantine equations. Brahmagupta-Pell equation. Chinese remainder theorem
- Developments in Geometry
To register for the online course, click here.
The last date to register is August 6, 2021.
You might also be interested in:
- Online Course on Introduction to Quantum Optics by IISER Tirupati [July 19-30]: Registrations Open
- Online Course on Data Analytics in Investment, Risk & Portfolio Management by IIT Kanpur [Sept 25-Oct 31]: Registrations Open