The University of Sydney offers 59 Hours Online Course on Introduction to Calculus.
About the Course
The focus and themes of the Introduction to Calculus course address the most important foundations for applications of mathematics in science, engineering and commerce. The course emphasises the key ideas and historical motivation for calculus, while at the same time striking a balance between theory and application, leading to a mastery of key threshold concepts in foundational mathematics.
Students taking Introduction to Calculus will:
- gain familiarity with key ideas of precalculus, including the manipulation of equations and elementary functions (first two weeks),
- develop fluency with the preliminary methodology of tangents and limits, and the definition of a derivative (third week),
- develop and practice methods of differential calculus with applications (fourth week),
- develop and practice methods of the integral calculus (fifth week).
Skills you will gain
- Precalculus (Setting the scene)
- Functions (Useful and important repertoire)
- Introducing the differential calculus
- Properties and applications of the derivative
- Introducing the integral calculus