Rice University offers 16 hours Online Course on Foundations of Mindfulness.
About the Course
This course provides a broad overview of the fundamental concepts, principles, and practices of mindfulness. With interactive exercises to help students explore their own attitudes, mental habits and behaviors, Foundations of Mindfulness offers a pathway for living with more freedom, authenticity and ease. Featured components of the course include experiential exercises, guided meditations, personal reflection and interactive discussions.
What you will learn?
- Key mindfulness concepts and practices that support the ability to use attention in an enhanced way.
- Concepts and practices that deepen the understanding of the mind/body connection, and highlights ways that the body is a direct portal to presence.
- Guidance for enhancing resilience, with specific regard to opening to and accepting a wide range of emotion.
- How to take the benefits that come from regular meditation and integrate them into daily life, as well as establishing a regular meditation routine.
Skills you will gain
- interoceptive techniques
- Basics of meditation
- Improved focus
- Learning to Pay Attention
- Understanding the Mind/Body Connection
- Exploring Your Inner Landscape
- The Nuts and Bolts of Establishing a Practice