Registrations are invited for Online Course on Computational Techniques for Smart Materials Modelling & Bio-medical Applications by IIT Mandi on 24-30 January 2022. The last date of registration is 25 December.
Computational techniques have broader and efficient applicability to investigate real-life engineering problems. It can analyze complicated geometry domains, various boundary conditions, non-linearity, and coupled physics phenomena common in scientific problems.
This one-week workshop has been designed to introduce state-of-the-art computational techniques, formulation background, and implementation issues in detail. The workshop will enhance the analysis skill and provides a greater understanding of the problems being solved. The sessions will comprise case studies on the smart materials and simulation studies’ applicability in the biomedical domain.
This workshop will be particularly beneficial for research scholars aspiring to implement the latest computational methodology in their research careers. At the end of the course, participants may be able to identify, select and implement appropriate computational methodologies for specific conditions.
- Scope and Needs of Computational Techniques
- Finite element method: formulation and Implementation.
- Mesh independent (Meshfree) computational methods: scope, formulation and implementation.
- Enrichment based discrete approximation (XFEM, XIGA): scope, formulation and implementation.
- Gradient damage model for fracture study and implementation issues.
- Immersed boundary method for unstructured mesh problems.
- Implementation issues of IBM and High Performance computing.
- Phase field modelling of discontinuous domain problems.
- Computational aspects of experimental substructures.
- Case studies on smart materials, bio-medical implants and bio-organs etc
The course is open to motivated PG and Ph.D. level students, who are having a strong willingness to get excellence in their scientific and engineering research pursuits.
- Interested participants can apply through Google form.
- Registration Deadline: 25th December 2021
- No registration fee, free accommodation and fooding during the workshop
Dr. Himanshu Pathak and Dr. Sunny Zafar
Click here to view the official notification of Online Course on Computational Techniques for Smart Materials Modelling & Bio-medical Applications by IIT Mandi.
You may also be interested in: