The Discipline of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indore is organizing an Online Course on Noise & Vibration Monitoring of Mechanical Systems from October 29 to 31, 2020.
Indian Institute of Technology, Indore (IIT Indore or IITI), located in Madhya Pradesh, is one of the Institutes of Technology established by the Government of India in 2009. It is one of the eight new Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India under The Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 2011 which declares eight new IITs as well as the conversion of Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University to IIT.
Noise and vibration monitoring is very important for the reliable operation of mechanical systems. Measurement and analysis of noise and vibration help to know the condition of the machine. This technique helps in identifying fault at an early stage. This course is useful for both academia and industry personnel.
- Vibration Monitoring: Fundamentals of mechanical vibration, vibration monitoring equipment, vibration monitoring examples, critical vibration levels.
- Noise Monitoring: Basics of noise, sound loudness measurement, acoustic power, noise measurement, noise level meters, etc.
- Machine Condition Indicators: RMS value, peak value, and crest factor, kurtosis, defect severity index.
- Signal Processing: Sample rate and aliasing, time, and frequency domain analysis.
- Case Studies: Noise and vibration monitoring of mechanical systems.
Who should Attend?
- Condition monitoring Engineer/ Maintenance Engineer/ Manager/ Supervisor.
- Professionals working in R & D organizations.
- Faculty from Engineering/ Polytechnic colleges.
- Research scholars, post graduate, and undergraduate students working in the field of noise, vibration, and condition monitoring.
- There is no registration fee for participants from TEQIP institutes
- For industry personnel: Rs. 10,000/-
- For faculty members: Rs. 5000/-
- For students: Rs. 2000/-
The above fee includes service tax. To pay the registration fee online, click here.
To download the registration form, click here.
The soft copy of the completely filled registration form (along with the Online payment slip for the course fee) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date to register is October 27, 2020.
Dr. Anand Parey, Professor
Mechanical Engineering Discipline
Indian Institute of Technology Indore
Khandwa Road, Simrol, Indore, MP.
Phone: 09425053943 (M)
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online Course on Current Trends in Biomedical Signal & Image Processing by IIT Indore [Oct 20-22]: Register by Oct 18.